The purpose of the ISO 50001 Lead Auditor credential is to support the creation of an international workforce focused on maximizing the energy savings impact of ISO 50001 implementation in industrial, commercial, and public sector organizations. This consensus-based, internationally relevant certification scheme for ISO 50001 Lead Auditors builds greater consistency and higher value in ISO 50001 implementations. This credential ensures the qualified candidate is competent in the following ISO 50003 technical areas: buildings, building complexes, and industry – light to medium. Within the context of the audit plan, the ISO 50001 Lead Auditor will be able to:
- Plan, lead and manage an ISO 50001 audit team effectively to ensure the audit objectives are met;
- Conduct the ISO 50001 audit in conformance with ISO 50003 requirements;
- Assess conformance to ISO 50001- Energy management systems standard, which includes confirming continual improvement of energy performance and any additional organizational requirements;
- Document and report audit findings based upon objective evidence;
- Effectively manage the relationship with the client and the auditee; and
- Communicate, justify, and take responsibility for the audit results both verbally and in a written report to the client.