Personnel Certification Bodies (PCBs) have the opportunity to license the certification scheme (s) and / or exam (s) from EPI without having to bear the expense of developing these products themselves, PCBs sublicensing the EPI International Exam will have access to the provisioned exam through a global network of testing centers. This option provides a turnkey solution for attaining ISO / IEC 17024 accreditation, and provides revenue to the PCB from exam delivery.
EPI will assist the licensed PCB to attain ISO/IEC 17024 accreditation by maintaining the integrity of the Certification Products. Assistance will be defined by the following criteria:
- Providing the exam delivery platform and network of global testing centers to ensure exam security and consistent proctoring services.
- Conducting annual reviews of the each certification program to ensure ISO/IEC 17024 accreditation is maintained.
- Evaluating the EPI Job Task Analysis (JTA), Scheme and Exam for each certification program to comply with ISO/IEC 17024 requirements.
- Establishing an Exam Development Task Force (EDTF) responsible for item writing and maintaining the exam forms necessary to ensure exam security, fairness and impartiality.
- Conducting annual item analysis on each certification exam, and sharing the Psychometric Reports with each licensed PCB.
The sublicensed PCB will be required to process the candidate application, evaluate the candidate eligibility credentials regarding education and work experience, and maintain the recertification requirements. The evaluation of the eligibility and the recertification requirements should be consistent with the published EPI certification scheme.
Founding and participating countries each have representatives that provide input to the EPI Board of Directors and function as a liaison to the PCBs in their respective countries. A PCB interested in sublicensing the EPI ISO 50001 Lead Auditor certification scheme and / or exam may do so by following the PCB Application Process. Each PCB sublicensing the ISO 50001 Lead Auditor scheme will have the option of developing a national exam and proving form equivalence, or sublicensing the EPI international exam.